Effective Date: August 21st, 2023
2. For purposes of this Agreement, “App” refers to the Company’s mobile application, Soter Driving. “Service” refers to the Company’s services accessed via the App, in which users can receive audio cues while driving to try to redirect user attention if the app estimates that the user is distracted. Users can also receive comprehensive driving reports based on historical driving data.
3. The terms “We,” “Us,” and “Our” refer to the Company. “You” refers to you, as a user of our App or our Service. “Device” refers to the platform used to access and use the App. In most instances, “Device” will refer to Your phone.
1.2 Information We Collect
5. We collect “Non-Personal Information” and “Personal Information.” Non-Personal Information includes information that cannot be used to personally identify You, which includes but is not limited to anonymous usage data and general demographic information We may collect. Personal Information includes but is not limited to email, phone number, first name, last name, which You submit to us through the registration process at the App.
1.2.1 Information collected while registering for an account
1.2.2 Information collected while using the App
7. In order to provide some of the features contained in the Service, it is sometimes necessary to collect, with permission, Your speed, geographical location, and instances of distractions as determined by the App. To collect this information, it will sometimes be necessary to utilize the front-facing camera, Your geographical location , and the Device’s internal accelerometer. We use this information to provide features of Our Service. The information may be uploaded to the Company’s servers and/or Third-Party Partners, or it may simply be stored on Your device.
1.2.3 Children’s Privacy
8. The Site and the Service are not directed to anyone under the age of 13. The Site does not knowingly collect or solicit information from anyone under the age of 13, or allow anyone under the age of 13 to sign up for the Service. In the event that we learn that we have gathered personal information from anyone under the age of 13 without the consent of a parent or guardian, we will delete that information as soon as possible. If you believe we have collected such information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1.3 How We Use and Share Information
1.3.1 Personal Information
10. In general, the Personal Information you provide to us is used to help us communicate with you. For example, we use Personal Information to contact users in response to questions, solicit feedback from users, provide technical support, and inform users about promotional offers.
11. We may share Personal Information with outside parties if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to meet any applicable legal process or enforceable governmental request; to enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations; address fraud, security or technical concerns; or to protect against harm to the rights, property, or safety of our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
1.3.2 Non-Personal Information
14. Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Information if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
15. The company may disclose Your Personal Information in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
15.1. Comply with a legal obligation
15.2. Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
15.3. Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
15.4. Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
15.5. Protect against legal liability
16. By using our Service, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to these conditions.
1.4 How We Protect Information
17. We implement security measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access. Your account is protected by your account password and we urge you to take steps to keep your personal information safe by not disclosing your password and by logging out of your account after each use. However, these measures do not guarantee that your information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. By using our Service, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.
1.5 Your Rights Regarding The Use of Your Personal Information
1.6 Links to Other Website or Mobile Applications
1.8 Contact Us
Soter Driving, Inc.
By accessing and using the App, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by these Terms and any other policies or guidelines posted on the App.